Potomac River Guide Home

Regional Interactive Maps

Thematic Maps

Search Potomac Sites

Ferry Hill Plantation

Canal Site

The plantation was named for the ferry that ran across the Potomac near the site of the bridge to Shepherdstown, W.Va. The building is located off the western side of Route 34 just before the road crosses the bridge into West Virginia. The building served as a headquarters for the C&O Canal National Historical Park until the office was moved to a location on U.S. 40 in Hagerstown.

Click here for larger map and nearby sites.

Contact Information
C&O Canal National Historical Park
1850 Dual Highway Suite 100
Hagerstown MD 21740
301-739-4200
Website