Regional Interactive Maps
- North Branch
- Upper Potomac
- Potomac Piedmont
- Georgetown to Great Falls
- Mall Area
- Mount Vernon to the Mall
- Potomac Estuary
- Lower Potomac
Search Potomac Sites
Lockhouse 49 has been restored and is available for rent from the C&O Canal Trust.
Furnished in the 1920's style, the lockhouse depicts the heyday of the canal community at Four Locks. This was a community that, at its peak, included 2 stores, 2 warehouses, a dry dock for boat repair, a school, and post office plus a dozen houses.
The C&O Canal Trust operates five other lockhouses that are available for rent. Each is decorated in a different sytle from the canal era. They inclulde:
- Lockhouse 6 near Brookmont, Md.
- Lockhouse 10 near Cabin John, Md.
- Lockhouse 22 at Pennyfield Lock near Potomac, Md.
- Lockhouse 25 at Edwards Ferry, Md.
- Lockhouse 28 at Lander, Md.
The lockhouses are a few of the more than 1,300 historic structures in the C&O Canal National Historial Park.