Potomac River Guide Home

Regional Interactive Maps

Thematic Maps

Search Potomac Sites

James Creek Marina

Marina

James Creek Marina is located on the Anacostia River near Fort McNair. Fuel is available for boaters.

The marina was first constructed in 1913 as the Corinthian Yacht Club. It was transferred to the National Park Service under the name Ft. McNair Yacht Basin in 1964.

In September 1988, the name of the marina was changed to the James Creek Marina. James Creek was the name of the body of water that ran in this area when Pierre L'Enfant designed the city of Washington in 1791. In 1990 the marina was completely renovated. All the existing pilings, docks and structures we removed or demolished. The marina was dredged, a sea wall was built along the existing shoreline, and new Meeco floating docks were installed.

In 2008, Guest Services, Inc. assumed management responsibilities for the marina. Guest Services, a National Park Service Concessionaire, also operates Columbia Island Marina and Thompson's Boat House (both certified clean marinas), Washington Sailing Marina, and The Boathouse at Fletcher's Cove.

Click here for larger map and nearby sites.

Contact Information
Guest Services Inc.
200 V Street S.W.
Washington DC 20024

Website